Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mission

I awoke this morning on a mission. I am going to get down to 150 lbs. by the end of the year. I am currently 158.1. I have about three weeks to accomplish this. Is it insane? possibly. Will it be tough? definitely. Yes, I know its the holidays and I'm supposed to let myself relax but, I think I let myself relax all year. I mean, Santa's checking his list and I've been pretty naughty with all my food intake. So its time to take that lump of coal, bypass the desserts table and the mashed potatoes, and grill me some chicken.

At this point, this isn't a want anymore. I need this for myself because 150lbs was the highest I was going to let myself get to. I know to some people 150 lbs is nothing but I know me. Once I hit 150 its a fast climb to 200 if I'm not careful. I weighed 132 lbs on my wedding day. So in all actuality I've gained 26 lbs not including the nine pounds I've lost already on the South Beach Diet since I've been married. I need to be at 150 so I can feel in control again. I have problems with food. If I don't watch myself I will eat non-stop all day long. I allow my emotions and boredom control me. I tend to forget that food is supposed to be enjoyed and should make me feel good instead of nasty all the time. I love cows but I don't want to be one.

So here I am. Keep the ho-hos, pies, cakes, and milkshakes, away from me. Its time to get serious and push forward through the holidays with gusto. I will make it. I will be strong. If I have to shave my head and get all G.I. Jane with war paint, I will because its time to win the food battle.

Step One: Add an exercise plan to the diet.
Step Two: Actually do the exercise plan.
Step Three: Don't give into temptation when others are indulging.
Step Four: Keep my eye on the goal.

1 comment:

  1. "I love cows but I don't want to be one" is an excellent quote. Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete