Sunday, July 31, 2011

#3 Run a Marathon: Week Two

Finished week two of training! I did have to scale back to the half marathon training because the 3 mile runs everyday and 7+ miles every weekend were killing me. I guess I am more out of shape then I realized or maybe I did not realize how much effort it would take. I am used to making up my mind to run 7 miles and then just doing it. I have never had to take it easy before but then again I was never much of a consistent runner before. Anyways, with the half marathon training I am doing more cross training and my long runs start out at 4 miles that build. This actually works out well because I will finish the half marathon in October then I can start marathon training and be up to speed by January.

I know it is still early in training but this feels great. I have never been so determined in my life and the determination is spilling over into other areas. I got up every day this week without pressing snooze on my alarm clock and I wasn't late to work a single day. For me, that is huge if not a miracle. Not only that, I have been more focused in studying for school and I feel like it is actually starting to click. Of course, school doesn't start until August 23rd so we shall see how the semester goes but I feel less chaotic now. Once school starts I will have a more structured schedule and I plan on penciling in runs all over the place. I am really excited to see how this training might actually change my life. It has definitely become my new priority and given me a lot of hope. At the same time I could also just be experiencing a large amount of "runner's high" at the moment. Whatever it is, I'm lovin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment